Either Lead, Follow or Get The @#$% Out of The Way
This 2 1/2 day leadership development opportunity provides concrete tools and a renewed outlook to help attendees generate better decisions, build stronger teams and clarify expectations. This is accomplished through active engagement in examining a series of real-world performance dilemmas and developing possible solutions. The spirited exchange of ideas and experiences with a diverse group of peers, under the guidance of a seasoned facilitator, will combine to provide a unique and lasting learning experience.
Seminar Objective: To provide experienced decision-makers with skills enhancement that will assist them in re-capturing the rapture of leading.
Format: - 40% Case Studies and Group Exercises - 20% Lecture - 40% Discussion
Day1 - Leading vs. Managing - Asking Better Questions: Problem Analysis - Sustaining the High-Performance Team (Attributes)
Day 2 - Sustaining the High-Performance Team (Intrinsic Motivation) - Creating and Articulating Strategic Focus - Cross-Functional Collaboration - Emotional Intelligence as Productivity Enhancer
Day 3 - Emotional Intelligence: Practical Application - Why Should Anyone be Led by Me?
Within each module, we will examine the dilemma of when to lead, follow or get out of the way. Every leader needs to have a clear understanding of when to switch roles, since being a great leader does not always mean being out in front.
AIso included: - One hour of Individual Coaching - A Trip to Southern France: Well, not exactly, but you will be treated to dinner at Lavandou, an outstanding Provencal restaurant nearby. This will provide an opportunity to break bread with seminar participants, exchange ideas, and network....or just quietly reflect, all within a memorable, relaxed environment.
After Attending this Seminar, You Will be Better Able To.....
- Clarify Strategic Intent and translate it into clear roles and specific expectations within your team.
- Understand and Fine-Tune the Impact of Your Leadership Style and behaviors on the people around you.
- Develop collaborative solutions to challenges across workgroups, involving motivation and conflict. - Ask the Pivotal Questions...that lead to Cause and Effect, not just symptoms. This reduces wasted time and energy. Sustainable performance improvement requires more than re-phrasing the same old questions. At some point, we have to re-examine our (hidden) assumptions, probe beyond the obvious and alter the way we formulate the questions that drive our efforts. This changes day-to-day performance and long-term results.
- Act upon (and articulate) the distinction between Efficiency, Effectiveness and Productivity, which will aid you in setting clearer priorities and addressing behaviors which are less-than-productive.
- Address the "But Then What?" Concerns, including the "what ifs", naysayers and the link between tactical and strategic goals. - Utilize Intrinsic Motivation to keep mission commitment high. Motivation is one of the most misunderstood and abused concepts in modern organizations. It won't be in your anymore.
- Enhance the role of Emotional Intelligence (EI) in your day-to-day behavior, to build a stronger team By just focusing on 1 or 2 of the (18) EI competencies, you and your team will improve the way you address conflict, make decisions and create new ideas.
Seminar Cost:$ 1995
Who Should Attend:
Experienced leaders who look in the mirror and see some of the following...
- A leader attempting to make the quantum leap from "good" to "great" - Hungry for paradigm-breaking approaches that work - Working longer hours but making less progress than desired - Stuck in a rut that's limiting creativity and innovation - Facing a strategic dilemma and seeking outside feedback - A firm commitment to lifelong learning - A sense of accomplishment in developing the people around you
Location and Hours:
Downtown Washington, DC
The seminar will begin at 8:30 am each day. It will end at 5:00 pm on Days 1 and 2; and at Noon on Day 3.